We are always looking for musicians to join our groups.
Pull that horn out of the closet and come play jazz in Denver with us!”
All groups are comprised of standard Big Band and Jazz Combo Instrumentation:
- Alto, Tenor and Baritone Saxophones with occasional doubling on Soprano Saxophone, Flute and Clarinet.
- Trombone and Bass Trombone
- Trumpet with doubling on Flugel Horn
Our members have had previous musical experience. However, in the majority of cases, they are still involved in “day gigs.” In spite of this, our music quality standards are high because of the enthusiasm of the members and the directors that come from the jazz education community.
- Come to one or more rehearsals as an observer ONLY.
- If you determine this is for you, which means you have the the musical ability necessary to keep up AND you can dedicate to attending rehearsals on a consistent basis, then contact Edd Nichols at 303-935-8866 or email: [email protected].
- Edd will interview you to discuss your musical background and your goals with the band.
- If space is available, a playing audition will be set up with one of the bands. Upon approval from the director of the band you will be invited to join. If space is not available, you will be placed on a waiting list.
We recommend also reviewing our FAQ page.