Do you want to play Jazz in the Denver Metro Area?
- Something more than a “kicks” band?
- A link to the great big band jazz experiences of the past?
- An opportunity to strengthen and/or learn jazz improvisation?
Colorado Jazz Workshop could be what you’re looking for. The big bands of the past had both appreciation for individual musicians and strong leadership. One of the centerpieces of the CJW ensembles are the great directors who drive these groups.
Participants in CJW are people who played an instrument in high school or college; some even played professionally in the past. Ultimately they went on to do other things with their lives, e.g., different career, family. At some point they realized they still enjoyed playing and would like to have an outlet again. CJW provides this outlet.
Each week, 3 big bands and five combos get together to play jazz in Denver, Colorado. Come join us and have fun playing and learning more about this great American art form – jazz.
Explore our website –
- About Colorado Jazz Workshop – Find out about our history, locations, etc. From 4 piece combos to 18 piece big bands, we’ve got jazz covered.
- Directors – The directors of CJW are the best in the area.
- Join a Band – Pull that horn out of the closet and come play with us! We are always looking for musicians to join our groups.
- Book a Band – Interested in quality entertainment for your next big event or function? The CJW will blow you away!
- Hear a Band – Here’s some sound files from our latest recording.
- See a Band – Calendar of upcoming events and some photos for you to view.
- FAQ – Most of your questions about our group will be answered here.
- Links and Resources – Friends of the CJW
- Contact Us – Contact information and a place to sign up to receive the latest news and gigs.
- 10 weeks: June 16 thru August 18.
- Classes will be held on Thursday nights, 7 to 8:30 at the Colorado Jazz Workshop rehearsal space, 3575 S. Sherman St, Englewood.
- Cost: $150
- Details here
CJW Jazz Festival
Announcing our guest artist for this year’s Annual CJW Jazz Festival! We are looking forward to welcoming Denis DiBlasio, baritone saxophonist. More about DiBlasio here: http://denisdiblasio.com/
Mark your calendars for October 29, beginning at 11:15 AM with a clinic given by Denis. Throughout the day all of CJW’s combos and big bands will perform. That night Denis will give two concerts, the first at 7 PM and the other at 9 PM.
The Festival is once again being held at DazzleJazz.