groups are comprised of standard Big Band and Jazz Combo Instrumentation:
- Alto, Tenor and Baritone Saxophones with occasional doubling
on Soprano Saxophone, Flute and Clarinet.
- Trombone and Bass Trombone
- Trumpet with doubling on Flugel Horn
All members are people that are doing something else - have
another profession, but still love to play music.
Inspite of this, our music quality standards are high because
of the enthusiasm of the members and the directors that come
from the jazz education community.
- Come to one or more rehearsals
as an observer ONLY.
- If you determine this is for you, which means you have
the the musical ability necessary to keep up AND you can
dedicate to attending rehearsals
on a consistent basis, then contact Edd Nichols at 303-935-8866
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edd will interview you to discuss your musical background
and your goals with the band.
- If space is available, a playing audition will be set
up with one of the bands. Upon approval from the director
of the band you will be invited to join. If space is not
available, you will be placed on a waiting list.